A flatbed trailer is typically an open deck with no side or roof, which is why they are commonly preferred for transporting heavy equipment, machinery, vehicles and building supplies. The simplistic design means that flatbed semi-trailers, unlike closed trailers, make loading large items relatively easy, considering there are no confined spaces. It is also relatively easy to anchor your load down on a flatbed too.
No loading dock: You’ll never have to worry about loading docks with this type of trailer. Therefore, you can use this type of trailer in almost any location, and especially construction sites where a loading dock might not be available. Flatbed trailers also make it easier to load and offload goods and items in residential areas too. All you need is a sizeable parking space and are good to go. If you have a flatbed trailer, you’ll know of the advantages all too well. Whether you’re looking to sell your existing model for cash or wish to get a valuation from our team to better understand your trailer’s true worth, we’re here to help. Simply complete our 30-second form above by submitting a few details about your trailer, and we’ll be in touch with a valuation as soon as possible. We can also provide same-day payment if you’re happy with the price offered!
Much like drawbar trailers, flatbed trailers provide a perpetual level surface for you to use. Thus, you can use the trailer to haul oversized items that would otherwise require a much larger closed trailer. You can carry an oversized load on this trailer, which makes it such an appealing option for many truckers.
These are but some of the most common advantages of investing in a flatbed trailer. While the trailer might provide unlimited loading options, factors such as maximum weight and your truck’s towing capacity should be considered before using it to haul too large a load. Whether you’re upgrading to a new model or wish to sell your depreciating assets, which are using up too much yard space, we would be pleased to provide a fast and fair quote for you to consider today.
Semi-trailers have been around for a long time, but they haven’t always had the sleek safety features that we see today. Flatbed drawbar semi-trailers are now standard on many trucks and offer many major benefits including increased safety and improved ride quality.
A flatbed semi-trailer is a type of semi-trailer that uses the truck’s frame as a support for its cargo. It has no rear axle, and instead, it consists of two long beams or decks, one on either side of the trailer body with slots in them to fit over the front springs.
The deck next to the cab is called the ‘coupler deck’ which has a standard type of coupling or hitch. The back deck, referred to as the ‘hauling deck,’ supports cargo without any attachments other than two sets of wheels that can be lowered onto rails running on either side of it and/or an axle below it for added stability while driving in the road.
- The flatbed deck provides a safe and stable platform for loading cargo with minimal interference.
- It reduces the need to make turns in confined spaces while still providing excellent visibility of the load you are carrying, which is also safer than dealing with high objects when it comes time to unload your freight.
- There’s no need to tie up extra equipment for loading and unloading the cargo.
- The flatbed semi-trailers are beneficial in that they can be loaded from both sides, which also reduces the time wasted by having to switch between locations when only one side is available.
- You’ll also find that maintenance costs will be lower than with enclosed trailer models because there is no need to maintain the interior of your cargo.
- The flatbed semi-trailers will also have a smaller turning radius and can be loaded more quickly than their enclosed counterparts, which means they are an excellent option if you’re looking for speed in loading times.
The flatbed semi-trailers are best utilized when you’re looking to carry bulky and heavy cargo. It’s also an excellent option for those who need a lot of space in their trailers but would prefer not to be limited by the loading process.
Also, it can be used to carry cargo that is not as fragile or delicate, which means they are an excellent option for those who are looking for a more dependable and sturdy trailer.
The flatbed semi-trailers come equipped with safety features such as running boards on the sides of the trailers so you will always have some form of protection when you’re loading or unloading the cargo.
Overall, flatbed semi-trailers are a sleek and proven option for those looking to make their shipping process much faster than it would be with other types of trailers.